Information We Collect and Receive
How We Use Your Information
2.1 Personal Data.
Categories of Personal Data
Why we collect it
Registration and authentication
Your name, email address, and age
Legitimate Interest - We require your name and email address to create your account. We may require your age to authenticate your registration. Your email address is not shared or publicly displayed within alexxinc.com. Your full name, to the extent collected and stored, is never directly revealed to other users unless authorized by you.
Communicate important messages
Your name and email address
Your payment information
Legitimate Interest - We use certain third-party payment processors to collect and process your payment information when you purchase products or services through alexxinc.com (please see Section 6 – “Service Providers” below for more information).
Security and monitoring
Your IP address
Legitimate Interest - We record your IP address for security and monitoring purposes.
Share Content or invitations
Your email address and email addresses of friends and family
Affirmative Consent - We may store the email addresses that you provide so that Alexx, Inc. can send notifications authorized by you and related reminders to such email addresses. Alexx, Inc. does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides those initiated by users and invitation reminders initiated by Alexx, Inc.. Recipients of emails from Alexx, Inc. may contact us to request the removal of their information from our database by clicking on the opt-out link at the bottom of our emails.
2.2 Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data is used to manage and improve alexxinc.com, track usage, and may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to users. If Personal Data is anonymized, aggregated, or modified so that it can no longer reasonably identify a specific user, it is considered Non-Personal Data and Alexx, Inc. may use such information for any business purpose.
How We Share Your Information
3.1 We Do Not Share/Sell Your Information with any other companies.
Flash cookies (also known as “local shared objects” or “LSOs”) cannot be rejected, disabled, turned off, opted out, or deleted in the same way as regular cookies such as HTML cookies. Flash cookies may remain on your computer even after you have rejected, disabled, opted out, or deleted regular cookies. For information on how to manage and remove Flash cookies, please visit:
4.2 Web Beacons. In addition, Alexx, Inc. may use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,” etc. (collectively, “Web Beacons”) to collect information about your usage of alexxinc.com. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users on alexxinc.com. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to our users, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our users with more relevant content or offers. Web beacons in emails may recognize specific activities, such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive our Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
4.3 Third-Party Analytics. Alexx, Inc. implements several Google Analytics features that support Display Advertising. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings or by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Alexx, Inc. may utilize one or all of the following currently or in the future:
- “Demographics and Interest Reporting”, which collects data based on user demographics and interests, including but not limited to: age, gender, affinity category behavior, and other category behavior. Data collected from the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting function is used to enrich the user experience and provide more relevant services to users. Alexx, Inc. may use other third-party analytics services to collect Non-Personal Data, including but not limited to session information, key events, device type, location, language, timestamp, platform, and time zone. We use these services to collect and compare information about the user base and user visits, as well as to improve alexxinc.com.
- “Remarketing with Google Analytics”to advertise online. In addition, third-party vendors, such as Google, show these ads on sites across the Internet and Alexx, Inc. and third-party vendors use both first-party and third-party cookies to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on user visits to alexxinc.com.
- “Google Display Network Impression Reporting”, which uses both first-party and third-party cookies to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with the ad impressions and ad services are related to user visits to alexxinc.com.
4.4 Third-Party Functionalities. alexxinc.com also contains links to and/or enables certain third-party Internet functionalities to enhance your online experience, including, without limitation, social plug-ins, tools, and APIs. Prior to using any third-party functionalities (e.g., Facebook Connect) on alexxinc.com, you should consult the privacy notices of the third-party providers of such functionalities (e.g., Facebook). Once again, we have no control over what information is collected by such third parties or how they may use the information. The privacy policies and data practices of such third parties may significantly differ from ours, and we make no representation or warranty whatsoever about their data policies and practices. Your communications and interactions with such third parties are solely between you and them and are at your own risk.
Alexx, Inc. may retain your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data as long as you continue to use and are registered through alexxinc.com. You may request that we delete your Personal Data and close your account at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. However, we may retain your Personal Data for an additional period of time, as permitted or required under applicable law, to conduct audits, prevent fraud and abuse, improve alexxinc.com, comply with legal obligations, maintain security, enforce our Terms of Service, or for any other legitimate and lawful business purpose. In addition, after your account has been closed we will continue to retain your Non-Personal Data and any Personal Data that has been anonymized, aggregated, or modified so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you.
We rely on certain third-party services for the operation of alexxinc.com, such as credit card payment processing, order processing, fulfillment and shipment, data storage and security, etc. The security of your personal information is important to us. Please keep in mind that, to the extent a third-party service provider needs to access your information in order to perform services for us, we share your information with that provider. However, we do require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
For example, if you purchase a physical product through alexxinc.com, we use a third-party vendor to pack and ship your order. Our fulfillment vendor will be given access to your full name and shipping address solely for the purpose of shipping your order. We require our fulfillment vendor not to retain, share, store, or use your information for any other purpose.
Correcting, Updating, or Removing Information
You may access, modify, or remove your personal information (except for the email address linked to a user account) at any time by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section. To receive notifications on updates or changes to alexxinc.com, we ask that you keep your account updated with most relevant personal information (i.e. your current email address). If you wish to change the email address linked to your account please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may choose to no longer receive marketing emails (i.e. emails that contain ads, promotional offers, etc.) by contacting us at email@example.com to request the removal of their information from our database or by clicking on the opt-out link at the bottom of our emails. All notification emails and Alexx, Inc. newsletters include instructions for opting-out of those communications in the future.
Alexx, Inc. aims to provide you with a secure customer experience. Alexx, Inc. user accounts are secured by user-created passwords. Alexx, Inc. takes precautions to ensure that user account information is kept private. We use commercially reasonable measures to protect user information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to user information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. However, we do not guarantee that these efforts will completely protect user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. We will endeavor to notify users in the event that the security of their personal information is breached or compromised. By submitting personal information to alexxinc.com, you expressly consent to receiving our notification regarding any breach or compromise, or suspected breach or compromise, of the security of your personal information, by email or postal mail, as we deem appropriate and as required by law. For any additional information about the security measures we use on alexxinc.com please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge you to keep your username, password, and other account access information in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to sign off your account when you have finished using alexxinc.com. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or an internet cafe.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request an information-sharing disclosure from us by emailing your request to email@example.com or writing to us at Alexx, Inc., 6520 Platt Ave. #633, West Hills, CA 91307. Please note that, under the law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email or mailing address.
Do Not Track Disclosure: alexxinc.com does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals of Web browsers. However, should the industry establish uniform technological standards for recognizing and interpreting “Do Not Track” signals, Alexx, Inc. would be open to following such industry standards.
Your General Data Protection Regulation Rights
Effective May 25, 2018, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) provides that an individual located in the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) has certain rights relating to their personal data:
- Right to Delete Your Personal Data:If you wish for us to delete all or some of your Personal Data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . However, please note that some Personal Data (like your email address) is necessary to maintain an account through alexxinc.com.
- Right to Object to or Restrict Our Use of Your Personal Data:If you wish to limit or restrict our use of your Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com. However, please note that some Personal Data (like your email address) is necessary to maintain an account through alexxinc.com.
- Right to Access, Change, or Modify Your Personal Data:If you wish to confirm whether we are collecting and processing your Personal Data email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to access, change, or modify some of your Personal Data, you can go to the "My Account" section of alexxinc.com or email us at email@example.com.
- Right to Export Your Personal Data:If you would like a copy of your Personal Data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an export file in a machine-readable format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent:If you wish to withdraw consent to certain Personal Data processing activities, please email us at email@example.com. To opt out of receiving announcement emails from us, you can follow the opt-out link contained in an announcement email you previously received.
- Right to File a Complaint:If you are located in the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns about how and when we collect and use your Personal Data.
Alexx, Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. alexxinc.com is not intended for use by children under the age of 16 without parental consent. Alexx, Inc. does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. Users must be 16 or older to be eligible to register accounts on alexxinc.com.